This website was last assessed on October 12, 2023.
This accessibility statement applies to www.heartsyouhold.org.
We have developed this website to ensure that it is usable by everybody, regardless of age or disability, and adhere to an inclusivity model approach.
Measures to support accessibility
Hearts You Hold takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of www.heartsyouhold.org:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
www.heartsyouhold.org is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Using our site
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
This means that you can:
- Navigate the website using just a keyboard
- Listen to the website using a screen reader
- Skip to main sections of this website
- Enable default browser settings to improve your website experience
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
While we try to maintain a high standard of accessibility on our website, there are some known limitations. These are documented below.
- Some videos may not have captions
- We do not provide audio descriptions for videos.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you encounter content that you cannot access, then please contact us using the details below. We will do our best to improve our website accessibility for you.
Third-party content and functionality
We may make use of third-party resources that embed content on our website. Wherever possible we will ensure these are conformant. Due to the nature of third-party services, this isn't always possible.
Hearts You Hold is committed to making its website accessible, in line with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
We aim for conformance with the WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1) at level AA.
Accessibility of Hearts You Hold relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Hearts You Hold assessed the accessibility of www.heartsyouhold.org by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation via Chrome Developer Tools
- Self-evaluation via Google Lighthouse
- Self-evaluation via AXE Accessibility Checker
- Self-evaluation via BrowserStack
- Self-evaluation via Android TalkBack
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Accessibility guidelines are constantly updating and improving, and we will do our best to keep this website up-to-date with the current recommended standards provided by Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI). You can find the current recommendations for accessibility, as well as accessibility information on the WAI website.